Assessment, Evaluation, & Quality ImprovementEvaluation Research & Improvement Training
GHL Solutions specializes in evaluation, quality improvement, and training to improve health systems. We provide these services for international nutrition programs, OVC programs, micro-finance, and micro-health insurance evaluations.
GHL Solutions has conducted large-scale evaluations for both UNICEF in Sierra Leone and UNICEF Uganda.
Our findings assisted in the development of stronger data collection processes, the identification of the best health facilities for comparison and improvement processes, and improvement in the assessment for Sierra Leone.
Theory Driven Evaluation
Theory-driven evaluation addresses, “contextual factors and planning and implementation issues that are of great interest to stakeholders.” Huey T. Chin (2015). GHL uses both Change and Action Models.
Change Model – Using a change model describes the causal process
- Goals and Outcomes – each program identifies a leverage or mechanism upon which it can develop a treatment or intervention to meet a need
- Intervention or Treatment – Program aims directly at changing a determinant
- Determinants – Each program identifies a leverage or mechanism upon which it can develop a treatment or intervention to meet a need
Action Model -Focus on implementers
- Implementing Partners – Assess, Enhance, and Ensure their Capabilities
- Program Implementers
- Peer Organizations/Community Partners
- Intervention and Service Delivery Protocols
- Ecological Context
- Target Population
Needs assessments and evaluations are important for your organization because they...
- Improve organizational and program competency
- Measure program impact to ensure improvement
- Identify accountability and issues
- Assess community level needs and assets
- Describe best practices, lessons learned and make recommendations
- Contribute to the dialogue for future planning
HPV Program Improvement
Working with the College of Mbarara GHL provided systems for safe community engagement. Public Perceptions are critical to the communication about COVID and implementation of prevention measures is necessary for socio-economic and environmental and cultural issues addressing the pandemic.
HPV Vaccination Program
GHL supported the implementation of a COVID-19 Prevention initiative for the HPV vaccination pilot study to test vaccination education with a Village Health Team (VHT) initiative.
Service offerings include Situation Analysis, Evaluation Research, Quality Improvement, and Staff Training. To deliver these services we use a variety of techniques including Case Studies Study of a phenomenon in a real-life context using multiple sources of evidence, In-Depth Interviews Individual interviews with a small number of respondents on particular topics, Observational Studies to Observe relationships without manipulating the circumstance or setting, Focus Groups Guided group discussion on particular topics, Geographic Information Systems Explore relationships by capturing and/or analyzing spatial data, and Surveys Collect and/or analyze data collected for a series of closed-, mixed-, or open-ended questions.
“This is brilliant”
During a review of the GHL’s results report, the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at UNICEF said, “This is brilliant!”;
Engaging clients throughout the project lifecycle – from conceptualizing the work to dissemination and Evaluation
We believe that by working with our partners we can ensure the project aligns with client goals, incorporates perspectives from the local context, and results in learnings that can be continuously examined for quality improvement opportunities (e.g., systems change, human resources training).